1188 Eagle Street, PO Box 89, Sandusky, NY  14133  (716) 492-0961 Fax (716) 492-0935
 

TOWN HISTORY

The first settlers arrived in December 1811.

The Town of Freedom was founded in 1820, composed of land from the "Town of Ischua" (now the Town of Franklinville). Part of Freedom became the Town of Yorkshire in 1844.

The Salem Welsh Church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.